- Develop an analysis plan appropriate for the goals of customer project and identify the necessary computational tools to be used. Oversee execution of the analysis process, critically analyze the results and discuss them with customers under a collaborative approach.
- Scientific software development using Python, R, and Bash to support analytical activities that include scripting, visualization, and reporting in a high-performance computing environment to manage and analyze large datasets. Identify new development areas or necessary improvements based on project needs. Responsible for implementing necessary solutions.
- Support Data delivery and management for the large datasets of customer data. Develop automatic procedures for delivery, storage, archival, and policies for efficient use of computational resources.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum requirements: A Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of experience or a bachelor’s degree and four years of experience.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or related field.
- Knowledge of Python, R, and Bash scripting, with demonstrable proficiency in at least one.
- Knowledge of basic biostatistics
- Experience with scientific data visualization
- Familiarity with Unix-based high-performance computing environments
- Familiarity with pipeline development frameworks (e.g. Nextflow)
- Experience with NGS data analysis including bulk and single cell RNASeq
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with employees and customers
- Ability to willingly accept constructive criticism from supervisor
- Self-motivated, positive individual
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
See application instructions at explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/528612/bioinformatics-analyst-iii