The Algorithmic Bioinformatics research group is a purely computational lab developing and investigating new algorithms for solving bioinformatics problems on sequencing data. The problems we address include read alignment, variant detection & genotyping, genome assembly, whole-genome alignment and more in the context of human and population genetics, immunology, cancer and other biomedical research areas.
- Design, implement and test new algorithms for the analysis of short and long read (genome) sequencing data
- Analyze small to large-scale sequencing data sets
- Provide assistance to PhD students
- Supervise MSc students independently
- Support collaboration projects within the LIT
More information can be found at www.rcii.de/jobs -> Postdoctoral fellow (m/f/d) - BK-2023-3.
- PhD degree in Bioinformatics or a related field
- Profound understanding of sequence analysis algorithms and data structures
- Hands-on experience in high-throughput sequencing data analysis
- Good programminng skills in C++ and Python
- Strong publication record
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in English
Please apply via our website www.rcii.de quoting the reference BK-2023-3.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including a cover letter, CV with publication list, certificates and two references.
The application deadline is June 25th, 2023.