Collaborate and consult with Whitehead scientists on biomedical research projects. Analyze and interpret experimental data. Provide training and support to Whitehead scientists in the use of and development of Linux-based biological software.
• Collaborate with and support Whitehead scientists using public or custom software in the areas of short-read sequencing, genomics, gene expression, data mining, protein analysis, statistics, and other high-throughput analyses.
• Analyze quantitative experiments and interpret the results in the context of the collaborator’s research interests
• Create data-driven figures to communicate complex experimental results
• Identify or develop software and tools to analyze, display, and manage biological data.
• Assist with the design and development of bioinformatics-related programming projects.
• Instruct scientists in the use of the best and latest bioinformatics tools available.
• Prepare and teach classes, courses and/or demonstrations on the use of various techniques and software tools.
• Other duties, as assigned
• Ph.D. in biology or related discipline.
• A minimum of two years of bioinformatics/computational biology experience.
• Background in programming (Python and/or other languages), statistics (R/Bioconductor) and databases (MySQL) in a Linux environment.
• Experience with the analysis of high-throughput sequencing experiments
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work well independently and with all levels of Institute researchers.
• Must work well with others in a team environment.
• Must be flexible and demonstrate good skills in instruction and training.
• Experience with protein structure visualization and prediction, image analysis, mass spectrometry, or high-dimensional datasets a plus.
Please apply at wi.mit.edu/careers or by submitting your CV to email@example.com.