The Computational Oncology Program of The Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center (SCCC), University of MIAMI, a National Cancer Institute Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, is seeking multiple candidates for the positions of Postdoc and Assistant Professor. Ideal applicants will have experience in computational oncology and machine learning/artificial intelligence and have shown the ability to develop innovative computational tools to identify the molecular features for cancer characterization affecting progression and drug resistance. Applicants must have an interest in leading independent research programs and have the desire to promote interdisciplinary collaborations with experimental biologists and clinicians at SCCC. Individuals appointed as Assistant Professors will have completed at least two years of postdoctoral research experience. The ideal candidates will have significant research experience resulting in high-impact publications in computational oncology.
- Postdoc: must hold a Ph.D. degree from a recognized institution, must have demonstrated potential for excellence in research on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Assistant professor: must hold a Ph.D. degree from a recognized institution, must have demonstrated potential for excellence in research, and should have at least two years of post-PhD research. The ability to apply for external funding and the promise of guiding and supervising graduate students will be considered.
- Research experience in Large-scale analysis of multi-omics data, including gene expression, copy number, mutations, methylation, proteomics, metabolomics, and their application within relevant oncology fields
- Research experience in Machine Learning and integrative bioinformatics for personalized medicine
- Research experience in cancer immunology, spatial transcriptomic/proteomic analysis, protein-protein interaction studies, and/or stem cell analysis is highly desirable.
All candidates are invited to submit a curriculum vitae, a cover letter containing a description of professional experience (including three references), and a research plan to firstname.lastname@example.org.