The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida. With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe. The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Are you interested in being a key member of a biostatistics team in a shared resource at a major cancer center? A Senior Research Associate 3 position (non-faculty position) is available immediately in the Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Shared Resources (BBSR), Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami. The successful candidate will participate in cancer related research projects. Job responsibilities include applying data management and a variety of statistical techniques to facilitate the collection, analysis, and interpretation and reporting of data from research studies at the cancer center. This position conducts highly specialized and complex research in support of Cancer Center investigators’ research goals and objectives.
1. Support the Biostatistics component of the BBSR on statistical aspects of study design and analysis for cancer-related research. This includes clinical trials, clinical and laboratory-based investigation, and epidemiologic studies conducted by investigators in the Cancer Center.
2. Collaborate with Cancer Center members in developing protocols for oncology clinical trials and other biomedical studies.
3. Involve planning statistical analyses, estimating sample size and statistical power.
4. Ensure quality of data management, advising on the design and development of research-study databases.
5. Coordinate and prepare the corresponding sections of protocols for investigator-initiated clinical and non-clinical studies.
6. Collaborate with staff and faculty statisticians in the BBSR, and with Cancer Center members:
a. Aspects of data analysis for completed studies interim analyses of continuing studies
b. Performs relevant statistical analyses in statistical software mainly in SAS or R but also in others such as STATA, SPSS, etc. if needed; develops computer-generated graphics and data visualization, tables, charts to represent key findings from such analyses
c. Prepares written reports describing and interpreting the results of statistical analyses; collaborates in writing grant proposals, abstracts, and manuscripts for publication; collaborates in developing posters for presentation at scientific meetings
7. Write special-purpose statistical algorithms using SAS and R, Excel, or some other appropriate system to implement statistical methodology needed by the Division.
8. Designs, evaluates, and implements methods and protocols for assigned research projects.
9. Participate in educational activities of the division and cancer center by preparing and presentations on statistical methods and its application
10. Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures.
11. Maintains an overview of relevant research findings.
12. Ensures all research is undertaken according to good research practice.
13. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Master’s degree in biostatistics, statistics, or a related area. Strong programming skills is statistical software such as SAS and R. Effective communication skills are required. Minimum 3 years of relevant experience. Must enjoy working with others, have initiative, and be reliable. Attention to detail and multitasking abilities are critical, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Proficiency in statistical software such as SAS and R and other technologies used in the field. Prefer strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Strong ability in collecting, organizing, analyzing, and reporting data.
For more information or to apply for this position, please go to:
Full Job Posting: umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UMCareerStaff/job/Miami-FL/Sr-Research-Associate-3_R100054921-2
Job Posting Contact: Yuguang Ban, email@example.com