Multiple postdoctoral researcher positions are available immediately in the laboratory of Dr. Xiuxia Du in the Department of Bioinformatics and Genomics, College of Computing and Informatics of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
The primary research responsibilities of the successful candidates are to develop data mining and big data analytics capabilities for metabolomics, exposomics, and -omics data integration and publish the results.
In particular, the successful candidates are to develop computational algorithms, workflows, software tools, and cloud resources for: (1) extracting compound information from raw liquid-chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) exposomics and metabolomics data; (2) annotating and identifying ions based on existing large-scale compound and mass spectral libraries; (3) integration of metabolomics and exposomics data with other -omics and meta-data for gaining a holistic understanding of the underlying biological systems, and (4) data mining large-scale databases for extracting biological knowledge.
In addition to carrying out research, the successful candidates will also share student mentoring with Dr. Du.
• Ethical and self-motivated.
• Ph.D. (obtained in 2017 or later) in mathematics, statistics, chemistry, or bioinformatics.
• Solid computer programming skills in Python, R, MATLAB, Java, or other programming languages.
• Extensive experiences in algorithm development and statistical analysis of real data.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experiences in metabolomics data analysis and machine learning are a big plus.
• Passionate for research and problem-solving.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter describing their interests in metabolomics bioinformatics research, CV, and contact information for three references via email to Xiuxia Du at email@example.com.
For other information about the Du-Lab, please visit www.du-lab.org.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter describing their interests in metabolomics bioinformatics research, CV, and contact information for three references via email to Xiuxia Du at firstname.lastname@example.org