Novasenta Inc. is a UPMC Enterprises funded company focused on developing new cancer therapies targeting immunoregulatory mechanisms in the tumor microenvironment. Novasenta uses a next-generation drug discovery approach combining unique experimental and computational platforms to explore the human tumor microenvironment and discover novel therapeutically relevant targets and drugs. The Computational Sciences team is at the core of Novasenta’s mission through its development of customized, multi-dimensional databases of clinical tumor samples with a focus on single-cell genomics (scRNA-seq, CITE-seq, etc.) and the application of advanced analytics, such as AI/ML. Novasenta’s human-centric discovery and development offers the potential to quickly find and advance more effective therapeutics against cancer. The company has an exceptional team that is committed to scientific innovation, transforming lives and building a strong and supportive culture.
The successful Computational Biologist candidate will play a key role in the development and application of computational approaches for target discovery and translational science. The successful candidate will contribute to computational biology analyses with interdisciplinary and highly collaborative teams of software engineers, immunologists, experimental scientists and drug developers. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your computational skills to influence the next generation of immune-oncology therapeutics and positively impact cancer patients. Depending upon the candidate’s experience, there is flexibility for working full-time on-site or remotely with regular visits to Novasenta’s main site in Pittsburgh.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be the computational biology expert on multi-disciplinary project teams and contribute to pre-clinical and clinical studies as well as help build our inhouse knowledge base for immune-oncology target identification.
• Deliver in a timely manner, in-depth, start-of-the-art analyses of next generation DNA sequence data pertaining to single cell and bulk transcriptomics, genomics, genetics proteomics and metabolomics for insights into disease indication, mechanism of action and/or biomarker identification.
• Leading the identification, curation, acquisition and analyses of critical data-sources in collaboration with our team of data scientists, software engineers and computational biologists.
• Contribute to the strategic direction of the Computational Sciences team through your knowledge of new and innovative developments in immunology computational biology and potential applications to drug discovery.
• Prepare reports, publications and presentations, for both internal company and external audiences and, when required, give oral presentations.
• Ensure on-time and complete compliance with mandatory corporate training, best practices and regulatory requirements.
• PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, or molecular biology involving deep genomic analytics.
• 2 or more years of work experience or equivalent experience in biopharma / biomedical field.
• Expert knowledge of bioinformatics, biological and statistical concepts.
• Proficiency in R, Python and version control systems like GIT.
• Experience with analyzing NGS datasets (single-cell and bulk RNAseq).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated, organized, goal oriented, team player with demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and adhere to and follow defined timelines, milestone, and objectives.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS OF INTEREST:
• Knowledge of cancer biology and immunology.
• Experience with querying relational database systems (i.e., SQL), particularly graph databases.
• Experience with cloud computing (i.e., AWS).
• Experience with BioNLP.
Please apply on-line: novasenta.com/careers/sr-computational-biologist