The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida. With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe. The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Are you interested in being a key member of a bioinformatics team in a shared resource at a major cancer center? A Senior Research Associate 3 position is available immediately in the Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Shared Resources, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami. The successful candidate will provide up to date bioinformatics and molecular informatics data analysis and expertise for clinical, laboratory and epidemiological studies. This analysis includes but is not limited to: gene expression analysis for bulk/single-cell transcriptome profiling and/or gene regulatory network building, metagenomics, microRNA target analysis, variant calling, genome or transcriptome assembly from next generation sequencing data, and its visualization, SNP functionality analysis. This position will collaborate with Cancer Center investigators on experimental design and subsequent high dimensional data analysis of gene expression, genomics and/or proteomics studies.
1. Support the Division of Biostatistics of the Shared Resources Core on bioinformatics data analysis for cancer-related research. This includes implementing best-practice bioinformatics pipelines, developing database for genomic studies, preprocessing and analyzing high-throughput data generated from laboratory, publicly available cancer genomic data to support studies initiated by investigators in the Cancer Center.
2. Collaborates with Cancer Center members in planning and analyzing data from laboratory-based and epidemiologic investigations.
3. Collaborates with Cancer Center members in developing cancer-related grant proposals. Carries out corresponding data analysis.
4. Interacts with internal contacts such as principal investigator, research project team, clinicians and data processing and management staff to provide the statistical and bioinformatics input required in the design, conduct and analysis of scientific research studies.
5. Collaborates with Cancer Center members on writing manuscripts or publication, and in preparing abstracts and poster for scientific presentation.
6. Evaluates and implements of existing and emerging bioinformatics tools and applications; tracking project effort and milestones; and troubleshooting.
7. Participate in educational activities of the division and cancer center by preparing and presentations on bioinformatics methods and its application
8. Ensures all research is undertaken according to good research practice.
9. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Master’s degree in bioinformatics, computational science, statistics, or a related area. Strong programming skills in statistical and computational languages software such as R and python. Effective communication skills are required. Minimum 3 years of relevant experience. Must enjoy working with others, have initiative, and be reliable. Attention to detail and multitasking abilities are critical, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Prefer strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Strong ability in collecting, organizing, analyzing, and reporting data.
For more information or to apply for this position, please go to:
Full Job Posting: umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UMCareerStaff/details/Assoc-Scientist--SOM_R100046507-1?q=R100046507
Job Posting Contact: Yuguang Ban, Yuguang.email@example.com