UCD is seeking applications for a Data Stewardship Manager to provide core data management training and support to the ELIXIR Ireland members at UCD, NUIG and UCC, and more broadly in Ireland. Based in Systems Biology Ireland, the Data Stewardship Manager will work closely with the director and deputy directors of ELIXIR Ireland, Denis Shields (Conway Institute) and Colm Ryan (SBI).
ELIXIR Ireland is the Irish national node of the pan-European organisation ELIXIR, (elixir-europe.org/) which is dedicated to coordinating national and transnational efforts to share and collaborate in the dissemination of life-sciences data, and of software and training in computational biology. Its current membership are drawn from the participating institutions of UCD, NUIG and UCC.
Principal duties include but are not limited to:
● Training and leading workshops in the design and implementation of data management plans and frameworks, and supporting workshops in other areas of interest to ELIXIR Ireland.
● Design and implementation of data management plans and frameworks
● Engaging with ELIXIR nodes in other countries to bring best practise from across the network to researchers in Ireland.
● Supporting data submissions and software dissemination.
● Managing email lists, website content, grant accounts of ELIXIR Ireland.
● Support preparation of grant applications involving ELIXIR Ireland.
● Promoting best practices in data stewardship, sharing and dissemination.
● Meeting with ELIXIR colleagues across Europe virtually and occasionally in person.
It is likely that additional duties and responsibilities will emerge and develop over time in line with the natural development of ELIXIR Ireland.
A Degree in a field relating to Data Stewardship and Management , or equivalent professional experience
To view the full job description or to apply, visit www.ucd.ie/workatucd/jobs/ and search Ref. 014074.