A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute. The successful candidate will be dedicated and motivated, have creative thinking skills and be a driver of her/his research. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a group of experts on computational genomics to improve algorithms and develop software tools for the long-read sequencing techniques. These technologies, such as Oxford Nanopore and Pacific BioSciences, have significant advantages over conventional short-read Illumina sequencing technologies. We are developing various deep neural network approaches to handle unique challenges in long-read sequencing data, to facilitate novel genetic discoveries and accelerate the implementation of precision medicine.
• PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Genomics, Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline.
• Good understanding of deep learning algorithms, strong programming skills, and experience in one or more of the following areas: genomics algorithms development, transcriptome analysis, machine learning.
• Strong and genuine interests in human genetics and common complex disease.
• Two years of working experience with genomic/genetic data analyses are desirable.
• Excellent academic grades and very good communication skills in written and spoken English
For inquiries or to apply, please email your CV and a short introduction about yourself, your past research experience and your future research interests to: firstname.lastname@example.org