The Technische Universtät Braunschweig, Division Data Science in Biomedicine
of the Peter L. Reichertz Institute for Medical Informatics is looking for a scientist / doctoral candidate (m/f/d)
as of 01.02.2022 or as soon as possible.
The Technische Universität Braunschweig with almost 20,000 students and approx. 3,700 employees
offers a broad spectrum of teaching and research with excellent facilities and a personal atmosphere.
The Division Data Science in Biomedicine is looking for reinforcement for its young, interdisciplinary
and international team to investigate the long-term consequences of infectious diseases using multiomics data and artificial intelligence in the context of systems medicine.
The Division Data Science in Biomedicine of the PLRI is part of the Department of Computer Science
of the Carl-Friedrich-Gauß-Fakultät of the TU Braunschweig and is affiliated with the Hannover
Medical School. The team therefore has an excellent starting position for bridging the gap between
computer science and medicine. The strong interdisciplinary character is further supported by the
membership and the seat of the division in the Braunschweig Integrated Centre for Systems Biology
(BRICS), which enables close contact with working groups from the life sciences.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration in interdisciplinary research projects
- Development and application of methods
- for integration of high-dimensonal omics data
- for inference and analysis of patient-specific biomolecular networks
- Statistical modelling and analysis of molecular and clinical time series data
- Degree in the field of bioinformatics, computer science, data science or biology
- Strong interest in the other fields and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Excellent language skills in (scientific) English
- Good programming skills
- Experience in the processing of high-dimensional biomedical data as well as in the areas of
network biology and statistics are desirable
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Tim Kacprowski (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The position is intended for the qualification of young scientists and offers the possibility to obtain
a doctorate. The payment is depending on the assignment of tasks and fulfillment of the personal
requirements up to pay group 13 TV-L. The position is suitable for part-time work, but should be
filled at 100%.
Severely handicapped persons are preferred in case of equal suitability. Proof of eligibility must be
provided. The TU Braunschweig strives in all areas and positions to reduce underrepresentation as
defined by the NGG. Therefore, applications of women are particularly welcome. Personal data will
be stored for the purpose of the application process. Application costs cannot be reimbursed.
Please send your application with informative documents by 31.01.2022 to
Prof. Dr. Tim Kacprowski, email@example.com, with the subject: Application NetfLID1