The Bioinformatics Core (BIC) at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK). We facilitate scientific discoveries by supporting basic and translational research groups. BIC is responsible for research project support, web-based applications, computational training programs and the development of tools to facilitate analysis and integration of genomic, pathway and clinical information. For more information about the team, click here www.mskcc.org/research/ski/core-facilities/bioinformatics.
We are seeking a Bioinformatics Engineer to perform next-generation sequence data processing and analysis. Our environment is dynamic and exciting in an academic setting that is at the nexus of cancer biology, computer science, statistics, and clinical research. We work in small groups, collaborating with other Bioinformatics and Software Engineers throughout the institution. We are dedicated to reproducible research and open source communities.
We are looking for someone to develop, maintain and operate computational pipelines for the analysis of next-generation sequencing data. This work will include both large-scale projects and custom jobs tailored to individual research efforts. They will span a wide variety of analysis problems. The Core remains on the cutting edge of computational biology. We have several R&D engineering efforts in areas including large scale image analysis, machine learning and smart phone application development. Are you interested in working on the cutting edge of computational biology? Then our group will provide numerous opportunities to learn and grow.
- Self-Motivated and able to apply your skills to translational research
- Someone who enjoys working in teams but also enjoys independence
- Interested in learning and applying new technologies
- Extensive experience in bioinformatics software development working with both large and complex datasets
- Strong experience with Python plus one of the following languages: Java, C++, Swift
- Solid experience with NGS computational tools
- Experience with R for data and statistical analysis
For more details and to apply, please click this link: careers.mskcc.org/jobs/job-details/2021-53391-bioinformatics-engineer-v/