This position supports the development of scientific software for health research. Participates in development and enhancement of simulation models, software configuration, optimization and testing, is understanding and responsive to end-user requirements; migrate and deploy software on both Linux and Windows platforms. This job is to be used only for in research areas. Ideal for a recent physics, math or computer science graduate.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Develop scientific software using C/C++ and Python
· Maintain and create simulation models
· Code, debug, and test new features
· Collaborate with research personnel
· Analyze model outputs
· Contribute to scientific manuscripts
· Performs other related duties.
· BA/BS in computer science or equivalent training/experience.
· 2-3 years database application/management experience, preferably in a large medical center or healthcare environment.
· Has strong experience in developing scientific software using C/C++ and Python.
· Prior experience in supporting application maintenance activities; working knowledge of software development on both Windows and Linux platforms.
· Has basic knowledge of statistical methods such as hypothesis testing and survival analysis.
· Interested in working with a research team on projects that will optimize the health outcomes of cancer prevention and treatment.
· Experience in multithreading is preferred.
Apply at careers.mountsinai.org/jobs/2723796?lang=en-us&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic.
In case of questions, please contact Kim Stone (email@example.com).