We are on the mission to save one of the most valuable resource for life, the soil. We help growers to unveil their soil bioactivities and guide farming practices to maintain their soil alive and productive. But we need your help to succeed!
Location: We are a Californian company, but for us location is not so relevant, as we believe in the power of distributed teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze customer microbiome datasets, using a combination of multiple statistical models (PCoA, differential abundance, analysis of variance, predictive models, etc.).
- Manage, manipulate and preprocess agricultural data.
- Create standardized summary tables and figures using reproducible workflows or literate programming (Rmarkdown, jupyter notebooks).
- Support comprehension and actionability of our BeCrop & Gheom reports, ensuring the satisfaction and recurrence of clients.
- Maintenance and documentation of software, following best software engineering practices and reproducibility technologies.
- Timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs.
An international rock-star team working in improving the health of our planet. With a fun and energetic working environment, our multi-skilled dedicated team composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers loves spreading expertise, creativity and desire for self-improvement. Our cultural DNA is based on these five values:
- Inspire one another,
- Innovate in all we do,
- Leave a mark on the world,
- Find the possible in the impossible,
- Be direct and transparent.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Flexible work environment.
- Time when you need it, generous vacation policy.
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field to see first-hand how our products are being used.
- We take part and offer workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, and tech-talks to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development.
This is the chance to boost your career and develop your skills in one of the fast-growing companies in AgTech. We need brains, ambition, and passion to continue helping farmers everywhere to maintain their soils alive and productive.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Biome Makers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Experience with biostatistics applied to microbiome data (soil data experience is a plus).
- Undergraduate or master degree in Bioinformatics or similar.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar positions.
- Good foundation in computer sciences applied to Biology.
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning.
- Strong programming skills: advance-level R, Python knowledge.
- Experience using version control software (e.g., Git) to manage programming code.
- You are fluent in English (and Spanish is a big plus).
- You are a multi-task maker (this is key for the position), the moment you get out of bed, you’re getting stuff done.
- Good problem-solving, analytical and communication skills to work in a distributed team.
You might also have:
- Familiarity with AWS cloud computing.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Feel comfortable when facing the unknown and don’t shy away from challenges.
- You want to make an impact.
- You blend with the company culture and have a sense of humor.
We´d love to hear from you! Send your LinkedIn URL and resume to email@example.com