At VoLo Foundation, we believe developing and sharing knowledge through data accelerates positive global change. Through research, data analysis, and collaboration, we aim to extend human life span, strengthen communities, and educate future generations. We track our progress using a variety of qualitative and quantitative approaches, and we support programs that generate measurable, impactful, and sustainable results.
We have recently launched a VoLo health initiative to explore research in various health and longevity fields. We are looking for a Data Set Manager to join our growing team to help facilitate the work our world-class data scientists are conducting to gain insight in health data sets. We intend to leverage our powerful data analysis skills in areas of health data where these techniques have not previously been applied. Therefore, we believe future significant discoveries in health sciences will emerge from data.
• Work with all members of the VoLo Health Team to understand data needs, evaluate requests to acquire new datasets, organize and facilitate the prioritization of data leads, and make recommendations
• Acquire raw data set leads prioritized by key stakeholders on the VoLo Health Team
• Actively search for and screen new data sources to meet the demands of the team
• Organize, prepare, and maintain Health Data Sets for researchers to access
o Prepare raw health data sets for researchers to analyze. This Involves understanding data set flaws and study design
o Keep the S3 database organized and up to date
• Serve as primary point of contact for third-party data providers, setting up meetings, gathering and cataloguing product information, and managing internal documentation
• Understand contractual and regulatory requirements of all data we acquire, and work with our internal teams to maintain compliance with those requirements
• Monitor data quality issues identified by VoLo Health researchers and other internal clients, and coordinate efforts to resolve issues with data providers
• Experience working with third parties to obtain or work collaboratively with data sources
• Experience querying databases and statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
• 2 years’ experience with data set management and acquisition
• Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Physical Science, or related degree
• Experience with AWS
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent organization and project management skills
• Experience managing and analyzing data in a research context
• Strong collaborative and written/verbal communication skills
• Experience with python
Please contact email@example.com for more information. A resume will be required.