M. Madan Babu's Group (mbgroup.bio) at the Center of Excellence for Data-Driven Discovery and the Department of Structural Biology is seeking a highly driven, full-time human geneticist. This post will be part of a newly established ADIPOSIGN Centre for Adipocyte Signaling (sdu.dk/en/adiposign) funded by a major grant from the Novo Nordisk Foundation. This position is available immediately with four years of funding. ADIPOSIGN is run by four partners with highly complementary expertise in the fields of adipocyte biology, transcriptional regulation, signal transduction, physiology, and computational systems biology:
- M. Madan Babu (www.stjude.org/research/labs/babu-lab.html)
- Susanne Mandrup (www.sdu.dk/en/forskning/mandrupgroup)
- Jan-Wilhelm Kornfeld (www.kornfeldlab.com/)
- Zach Gerhart-Hines (cbmr.ku.dk/research/nutrient-and-metabolite-sensing/gerhart-hines-group/)
The ideal candidate may have extensive expertise and a proven track record in statistical genetics, population genetics, computational analysis of human genetics and large-scale phenotype data and interpreting genome variation data (coding and non-coding variant effects).
- Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree or PhD is preferred.
- PhD in computational human genetics or computational genomics preferred.
- Experience in data analysis and project management is required.
- Extensive expertise and proven publication history in human population genetics and statistical genetics preferred.
- Extensive experience in working with human genetics and genomics datasets preferred (e.g., 1000 Genomes project data, gnomAD, GTEX, Genomics England 100K Genomes Project, UK/FINNGEN/All of US Biobank datasets, etc.).
- Proven track record of experience in analysing diverse datasets (i.e., molecular and clinical data, different data types) and in interpreting and estimating the functional impact of variants (coding and non-coding) preferred.
- Experience in performing Genome-Wide Association Studies on novel genomic datasets, including data quality control, imputation, statistical study and data interpretation preferred.
When submitting your application, please include a CV and cover letter. Please apply at careers-stjude.icims.com/jobs/8135/sr-bioinformatics-analyst/job.