M. Madan Babu's Group at the Center of Excellence for Data-Driven Discovery and the Department of Structural Biology is seeking a highly driven, full-time Network Biologist and Multiomics Researcher. This post will be part of a newly established ADIPOSIGN Centre for Adipocyte Signaling (sdu.dk/en/adiposign) funded by a major grant from the Novo Nordisk Foundation. This position is available immediately with four years of funding. ADIPOSIGN is run by four partners with highly complementary expertise in the fields of adipocyte biology, transcriptional regulation, signal transduction, physiology, and computational systems biology:
- M. Madan Babu (www.stjude.org/research/labs/babu-lab.html)
- Susanne Mandrup (www.sdu.dk/en/forskning/mandrupgroup)
- Jan-Wilhelm Kornfeld (www.kornfeldlab.com/)
- Zach Gerhart-Hines (cbmr.ku.dk/research/nutrient-and-metabolite-sensing/gerhart-hines-group/)
The ideal candidate will be able to identify, develop, and use computational biology methods to mine, integrate, visualize, and analyze multiple large-scale omics datasets and biomolecular network data (transcriptional, metabolic, signaling networks) for hypothesis generation and creation of network models of obesity. You will establish computational pipelines to organize and interrogate multiple omics datasets as well as develop and maintain an internal data resource for the consortium.
This position requires relocation to Memphis, TN. When possible, it will involve travel for collaborative purposes to Denmark. You will be working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, and will be expected to communicate complex informatics principles, methods, analyses and results to scientists from diverse backgrounds in the consortium. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must, as you will interact directly with both Computational Biologists and Experimentalists in a highly interdisciplinary environment.
- PhD in computational biology, systems biology, network biology or bioinformatics.
- Extensive expertise and proven track record in integrative systems biology and multi-omics data analysis and network biology is required.
- Fluency in general-purpose or specialized statistical programming languages such as Python and/or R.
Please apply at postdoc-stjude.icims.com/jobs/8136/postdoctoral-research-assoc/job. When submitting your application, please include your CV and a cover letter.