We are seeking an ambitious, versatile statistical geneticist to join the bioinformatics team at A*STAR Institute for Clinical Sciences (SICS). The position’s primary function is to analyze human genetic data to quantify statistical support for biomarkers of health outcomes, provide bioinformatics/statistical genetics analyses to ongoing projects, and test methodologies developed by statisticians within and outside of SICS. The position is primarily based within the SICS bioinformatics team (led by Dr Dennis Wang), but will work with several data science teams to apply new statistical methods and interrogate genomic datasets. The candidate would also have frequent opportunities to interact with final decision-makers, diverse teams within SICS, and external collaborators.
· Ph.D. in statistical genetics, human genetics or similar field, or bachelors/masters in statistics or epidemiology plus 3-5+ years of relevant experience in genetics
· Experience with genotype-phenotype association studies (GWAS, PheWAS, etc.) in the context of large biobanks (ex. UK Biobank)
· Direct working experience with genetic datasets of >1000 individuals from genotyping array, WES, or WGS.
· Experience in variant annotation, linking variant to gene, and identifying associated cell type/tissue
· Understanding of functional genomics datasets and their use in elucidating the mechanism of action
· Knowledge in Mendelian randomization and polygenic risk scores
· Understand the correct applications and limitations of large biobanks and association studies
· Experience with working on large HPC systems or cloud environment
· Demonstrable scripting / programming ability in at least one language (Python, R, Matlab, etc.)
· Comfortable working in a team and with individuals without a genetics background
Please apply through A*STAR hiring website: careers.a-star.edu.sg/JobDetails.aspx?ID=wanmvOjxBhaa5HgsQ%2b87BQ%3d%3d