We seek a highly motivated bioinformatician or computational biologist who is experienced in the computational analysis of large-scale biological data, ideally with a focus on metabolic modeling, for a project on the study of neurodegenerative disorders. The candidate should have experience in the analysis of large-scale biomedical data (omics, clinical or neuroimaging data), using statistical methods and pathway and network analysis methods. The candidate will conduct integrative analyses of metabolomics, clinial and other omics data for neurodegenerative diseases. This will include the review, set-up and application of software analysis pipelines, and the joint interpretation of disease-related data together with experimental and clinical collaborators. The project will use new biological high-throughput data from patients, healthy controls, as well as in-vitro and in-vivo disease models. With the help of statistics and pathway- and network- and analyses, the goal is to improve the mechanistic understanding of disease-associated alterations in common neurological disorders.
- The candidate will have a PhD or equivalent degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics or related subject areas
- Prior experience in large-scale data processing and statistics / machine learning or metabolic modeling is required
- A track record of previously completed courses and/or publications involving analyses of large-scale biological data (e.g. omics, neuroimaging data) should be outlined in the CV
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in next-generation sequencing data analysis, biostatistics, machine learning, pathway and network analysis are highly advantageous
- The candidate should have a cross-disciplinary aptitude, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and a keen interest in collaborative biomedical research
- Fluency in oral and written English
- A fully funded position with a highly competitive salary.
- An opportunity to join the Luxembourg Centre of Systems Biomedicine with an international and interdisciplinary work atmosphere.
- Working in a scientifically stimulating, innovative, dynamic, well- equipped, and international surrounding.
- Opportunity to work closely with international academic partners.
- State-of-the-art research facilities and computational equipment
Applications should contain the following documents (combined into one pdf document):
- A detailed Curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter, including a brief description of past research experience and future interests, as well as the earliest possible starting date
- Copies of degree certificates and transcripts
- Name and contact details of at least two referees