Multiple positions are available @ Center for Genomic Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Our lab at Mass General Hospital focuses on precision medicine and computational genetics, with special interest in psychiatric and neuroimaging traits (Lancet, 2013; Nature Reviews Genetics, 2013, Nature Neuroscience, 2015, Science 2018, Cell, 2019).
We are looking for highly motivated Postdoc Fellows, Bioinformatician, and Research Scientists with expertise in Computational Genetics, Systems Biology, and Bioinformatics. We also welcome Postdoc Fellows with background in Psychology, Psychiatry, and Neuroscience. Three main research directions we pursue in the lab include:
1) Cross phenotype analysis of major psychiatric and brain disorders
2) Genomics research of minority populations, especially African American and Hispanic children
3) Pain and mental health connections for aging
Successful candidates will have unique opportunities to i) build on our expertise in psychiatric and computational genetics research, and ii) take the lead role in main research projects with high biomedical and clinical impact.
Compensations are highly competitive in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
Remote work is possible.
1) Candidates with computational background are welcomed for any positions. Prior experiences in psychiatric and/or brain-related traits are helpful but not necessary. Candidates with psychology/psychiatry/neuroscience background are welcome for postdoctoral fellowship.
2) Candidates with computational background are expected to have solid training in bioinformatics, genomics, or other omics data analysis.
3) Ability to learn and master new technologies and skills.
4) Abilities to lead an independent research direction while adapting to a collaborative environment.
5) An innovative and critical thinker.
For postdoctoral fellowship, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: 1) Cover letter, 2) CV with a list of publications, 3) PDF files for the papers in which you are first/co-first author.
For other positions, please send the following to email@example.com: 1) Cover letter and 2) CV with a list of publications.
For the Subject of the email, please write the position you are applying to.
Phil H. Lee
Center for Genomic Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School