The Bioinformatics Core (BIC) at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) in New York City (Manhattan) facilitates scientific discoveries by supporting basic and clinical research groups. BIC is responsible for building training programs, research project support, web-based tools, and database integration of genomic, pathway and clinical information. More information about the Bioinformatics Core is available at www.mskcc.org/research/ski/core-facilities/bioinformatics.
We are seeking a Bioinformatics Software Engineer to perform next-generation sequence data processing and analysis in a dynamic and exciting academic environment at the nexus of cancer biology, computer science, statistics and clinical research. Work will be performed in a small group atmosphere with active collaborators and in concert with other Bioinformatics Software Engineers throughout the institution.
Responsibilities will include the design, development, and operations of computational pipelines for the analysis of next-generation sequencing data. This work will include both large-scale projects and custom jobs tailored to individual research efforts. They will span a wide variety of analysis problems. The core remains on the cutting edge of computational biology. We have a number of R&D engineering efforts in areas including large scale image analysis, machine learning and smart phone application development.
We are looking for experienced applicants. The title and ranking of the position will be adjusted depending on the experience level of the candidate.
- Motivated to apply your skills to translational research
- Someone who enjoys working in a team, but can work independently
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and solve problems
- Interested in learning and applying new technologies
- Extensive experience in bioinformatics software development working with both large and complex datasets
- Strong experience in Python
- Strong computational/programming skills in one of these programming languages: Java, C++, Swift
- Experience with data and statistical analysis tools: R
- Familiarity with NGS computational tools and formats
- Demonstrated active involvement in open source communities (GitHub, etc.)
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
Our Hiring Process:
For more details and to apply, please click this link: careers.mskcc.org/jobs/job-details/2021-46900-bioinformatics-software-engineer-bioinformatics-core-bic/