The Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at Moffitt Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, is seeking a faculty member in the tenure-earning rank of Assistant/Associate/Senior Member with preference for strong expertise in clinical trial or clinical biostatistics expertise. Methodological research in biostatistics is also expected.
The Department currently has 19 faculty and approximately 32 staff engaged in a wide range of statistical and bioinformatics research and collaborations on clinical and biological studies in cancer including novel therapeutic and drug discoveries, prognostic and predictive biomarker developments, chemoprevention, high throughput genomics, proteomics & metabolomics, next-generation sequencing data-based investigations, epidemiological studies, comparative effectiveness research, clinical trial designs, and personalized medicine studies. Many of these projects draw upon Moffitt’s Total Cancer Care initiative, which provides access to a comprehensive set of clinical and molecular data on a large number of cancer patients.
Academic rank beyond Assistant Member will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Appointment at the Associate Member rank requires a minimum of five years of experience at the Assistant Member level. The position is tenure-earning. Moffitt is affiliated with the University of South Florida and a University appointment is available in the rank of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor as applicable. Salary and start-up package (based on research track) is competitive with similar institutions.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Please be sure to attach your CV and cover letter. Questions about the opportunity may be directed to the search committee chair, Dr. Brooke Fridley at Brooke.Fridley@moffitt.org.
Located in Tampa, this position welcomes someone who appreciates the great beaches and easy living associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida. Tampa is a thriving city with culture, restaurants and a high quality of life.
• We seek candidates who can contribute to the many current clinical and basic science studies at Moffitt, as evidenced by a history of peer-reviewed publications and involvement in grant supported research projects.
• Preference will be given to applicants with an outstanding record doing team science or collaborative biostatistics with an emphasis in clinical or translational science. Areas of particular interest are clinical prediction modeling, ROC analysis, survival analysis, competing risk models, Phase I and II clinical trial design, and/or causal inference.
• The candidate is expected to identify and resolve methodological issues that arise in collaborative research, as a major expectation is to identify areas of methodological research in which to engage that will benefit the candidate’s collaborative research.
• Team science collaboration to tackle a variety of cancer clinical and basic science research projects.
• Communicate clearly and openly.
• Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment.
Credentials and Qualifications: Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics or related field and relevant research training and experience.
Please apply online at this website: