Ahmed lab at Rutgers is seeking a Postdoc Research Fellow to work on multiple biomedical informatics and bioinformatics projects. The focus will be on scientific software solution development for integrative clinical, metabolomics, and genomics data analysis for Precision Medicine.
The principal duties and responsibilities of this position include but not limited to:
• Whole Genome based Variant Annotation and Analysis.
• RNA-seq driven Gene Expression and Enrichment analysis.
• Developing Machine Learning algorithms for integrative, diagnostic, and predictive analysis.
• Programming bioinformatics tools and genomics (WGS & RNA-seq) pipelines, and database modelling and visualization.
• Scientific literature reviewing, publications and grants writing, and presentations.
• Exploring new ideas and validating hypotheses.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated analytical and research skills.
• New software, scripts, pipelines, and database development.
• Analyzing pre-developed software, scripts, pipelines, and databases.
• Experience of working within secure data environments e.g., HIPAA, CLIA, IRB etc.
• Experience, good knowledge, and interest of further learning:
o Programming languages: Java, R, Python, SWIFT, HTML and PHP. (not limited to these)
o Integrated Development Environments: Eclipse, XOCDE.
o Operating systems: Windows, iOS, Android, and UNIX.
o Databases: MySQL, MS.SQL.
o High performance computing (HPC) and Cloud computing.
• Excellent organization, planning, project management, problem solving, presentation, and writing skills.
• Able to work independently and in teams
1. Cover Letter/Letter of Application
3. Couple feature/representative publications (if available)
PhD degree, preferably in Biomedical Informatics / Bioinformatics.
Interested candidates can send their Cover Letter and CV (combined, single PDF file) directly to Dr. Zeeshan Ahmed.