The research group “Integrative Analysis of Pediatric Cancer” (cancerbits.github.io) at the Children’s Cancer Research Institute (CCRI) is looking to for a post-doctoral researcher with experience in cancer epigenomics and machine learning.
We aim to understand the molecular framework underlying different types of cancer. To this end, we develop methods for the interpretation of “multi-omics” data by making use of public resources and machine learning. We then apply these methods to pediatric cancer data generated in close collaboration with experimental and clinical researchers locally and internationally. Own project ideas fitting within the scope of the CCRI are encouraged.
• Spearhead ambitious research in collaboration with other scientists. You understand the biology, ask questions, and help to design experiments to answer them.
• Write computer code to gather and analyze multi-omics data from public and local resources. Select, implement, train, and test appropriate statistical and machine learning solutions.
• Monitor the literature, latest software, and community resources to keep abreast current developments and to identify information, data, and methods to integrate in your own work
• Write papers, visit conferences, review papers, apply for fellowships, and contribute to grants
• PhD in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or data science applied to biomedicine
• At least one first-author publication in a reputable journal
• Experience with high-throughput data: (single-cell | bulk) (RNA|ATAC|ChIP|BS)-seq
• Excellent programming and/or scripting skills (R and/or Python); sounds logic and statistics
• Proven experience with “conventional” and “deep” machine learning techniques
• Good verbal and written communication / presentation skills (in English, German not required)
• Solid knowledge of molecular biology; prior experience with (pediatric) cancer is a plus
• An exceptional level of enthusiasm, independence, creativity, and determination
Salary will commensurate with national guidelines: www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/personnel-costs (min. EUR 53,000 per year, gross).
Applications should be in English and must include a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications, and contact details of three references. Feel free to include any other information relevant to your application.
Please send your application only by e-mail: email@example.com to Dr. Florian Halbritter. Please do not call!