The Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing is seeking a software engineer who has interests in applying software development skills to bioinformatics problems. The Precision Health Initiative of Indiana University and the IU School have Medicine has generated huge amounts of genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics data. In collaboration with the School of Medicine, the School of Informatics and Computing is developing a web portal that integrates various bioinformatics tools for omics data storage, analysis, visualization, and query. The software engineer will work on the web portal project.
• Develop databases and web interfaces for the analysis and visualization of omics data.
• Incorporate open source software tools into data analysis pipelines.
• Develop data processing workflows using Python.
• Maintain a web server for omics data analysis.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Web development and web server maintenance
• Strong interest in bioinformatics research
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work efficiently in a team.
Please submit you application at indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/7537.