We are looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) to join our dynamic and diverse protein bioinformatics group. The PDF will focus on the development, benchmarking and applications of computational methods for characterization of functions of proteins (prediction and clustering) and on the development of innovative databases and webservers (database/webserver design and deployment). This is fully-funded position for at least 1 year (longer appointment is possible).
Visit our website at biomine.cs.vcu.edu/ to learn more details. We hope that you will consider joining our awesome and accomplished team!
- Ph.D. completed or to soon be completed in computer science, bioinformatics or related fields
- Background and practical experience in the design, implementation, benchmarking and deployment of algorithms, focusing on machine learning approaches
- Programming experience in java, C/C++ and/or Python; experience in shell scripting
- Strong ability to write and revise scientific publications and work in teams
- Experience with SQL, php, java script, and development of webservers is not required but a big plus
- Experience in prediction and modelling of protein function and structure from sequence is not required but a big plus
- Experience in grant writing is not required but a big plus
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com