Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
[Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
Kaminker Lab - Genentech Research]
We are seeking an independent and motivated researcher for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Department to apply cutting edge single cell computational approaches to understand the role of sensory neurons in airway function. The successful candidate will join a highly collaborative research team that includes members of Bioinformatics, Neuroscience, and Immunology and will work exceptionally closely with bench colleagues in these groups. Our work is focused on dissecting the transcriptional and molecular pathways in sensory neuron populations that are required for normal lung function, and which might be dysfunctional in airway diseases.
• For more information on Josh Kaminker lab, please visit: www.gene.com/scientists/our-scientists/josh-kaminker
• Information about the postdoctoral program at Genentech can be found at: www.gene.com/careers/academic-programs/postdocs.
Who You Are
• You have a PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology or similar field, and have some experience in either Neuroscience or Immunology.
• You have a demonstrated record of innovative scientific accomplishments as evidenced by at least one first-author paper published or accepted in a top tier journal.
• You enjoy working closely and collaboratively with bench scientists to solve complex biological problems.
• You have experience working with some types of large scale genomic data (e.g. RNA- seq, single cell-seq, ATAC-Seq, genotype data, etc...)
• You are passionate about applying your skills in genomics analysis to utilize bioinformatics methods (e.g. from Bioconductor) to understand the biology of disease
• You are comfortable writing code in languages such as R, Matlab, Perl, or Python for bioinformatics analyses
• You are able to present complex results, both verbally and in writing, to bioinformatics audiences and non-bioinformatics audiences
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, follow the link below.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.