Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Department of Data Sciences within the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute seeks a Director, NGS Bioinformatics to lead the development of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) efforts for Profile, our institutional cancer sequencing platform. We are seeking an exceptional candidate who has deep experience in developing NGS methods, pipelines and experience leading a team of computational biologists. This is an exciting opportunity that impacts thousands of patients across Dana-Farber and we need a creative leader, who can take our tumor profiling and precision oncology efforts to the next level.
• Oversee the continued development of all institutional NGS cancer sequencing efforts, including targeted capture assays, RNA-seq, whole exome, whole genome and cfDNA.
• Oversee the necessary validation, and QC associated with each of our NGS assays.
• Oversee new bioinformatics analyses, including tumor mutational load analysis, viral signature detection, and improved methods for detecting structural rearrangements.
• Recruit and manage a team of computational biologists, focused on NGS bioinformatics.
• Interface with the Bioinformatics Platform Group, which will be developing a new scalable, cloud-based platform for running all NGS sequencing pipelines.
• Interface with Clinical Genomics and Data Sharing Teams at DFCI, to ensure that results of NGS sequencing have maximal clinical and research impact.
• Interface with faculty within the Department of Data Sciences to ensure the rapid adoption and integration of new NGS analysis algorithms.
• PhD (or equivalent) in computational biology, bioinformatics, or related fields.
• 10+ years of NGS bioinformatics experience in an academic or industry setting
• Proven experience in building NGS methods and pipelines at an academic sequencing center or industry.
• Publication record in NGS and cancer genomics.
• Proven experience in leveraging best practices from the genomics community, e.g. GATK, Mutect, etc.
• Proven experience in managing a team of computational biologists.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
• Excellent organization skills, including the ability to organize teams.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Strong leadership skills.
The candidate must also demonstrate outstanding personal initiative, work effectively as part of a team, meet deadlines, and efficiently multitask.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/nmsy6tjhqkph4xq5