The Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology (GDCB) at Iowa State University (ISU) invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in Systems Biology.
GDCB seeks to hire a systems biologist who addresses fundamental questions at a cellular or molecular level, using a combination of experimental (e.g., genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, high-content microscopy) and computational (network analysis, modeling) approaches to address fundamental aspects of complex cellular or organismal functions. Scientists working in any model organism or across diverse species are encouraged to apply. Areas of interest include but are not limited to: cellular and developmental processes integral to plant or animal health or disease, phenomics, genetic and metabolic regulatory networks, and responses to environmental signals and stresses. Interdisciplinary or collaborative research that complements existing strengths of the department and ISU is encouraged.
Responsibilities include building a nationally recognized research program that competes successfully for extramural funding, advancing the discipline through high-quality publications, mentoring students, and effective teaching of undergraduate and graduate students. This position is described as approximately 70% research, 25% teaching and 5% service. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and leadership skills and will share the university’s commitment to an inclusive environment that supports diversity.
• Ph.D. in life sciences or relevant discipline
• Published record of high-quality research
• Demonstrated ability or potential to secure extramural funding
• Evidence of ability to develop a research program with potential for national distinction
• Research plan that enhances existing strengths at ISU
• Engagement in interdisciplinary or collaborative research
• Postdoctoral research experience
• Demonstrated ability or potential to excel in scholarly teaching and mentoring
• Evidence of commitment to an inclusive climate that supports diversity and the honest and respectful exchange of ideas
Please visit: www.iastatejobs.com/postings/36729 for additional details and application instructions.