The LifeBytes Consulting is seeking a highly motivated Computational Biologist with diverse skill base to provide high-level research support for Omic data analysis. LifeBytes provides the wide range of bioinformatics services including proteomics, next-generation sequencing (NGS), bioinformatics tools and database development and omic data integration. We are looking for a PhD level Computational Biologist to join our team in Mumbai to work on exciting R&D projects.
In the new role you will:
1. Develop and implement methodologies and tools as needed, keeping abreast of industry trends and new technologies, and recommending potential solutions based on the latest technical developments.
2. Lead projects as the principal bioinformatician to ensure they are managed in a timely and efficient manner, appropriately documented and provide follow up support services after initial project completion.
3. Provide analysis and computing support for cancer-related research in NGS data (e.g. genomic, transcriptomic, epigenomic) analysis.
4. Analyze, interpret, evaluate, and discuss the results of studies with clients as part of the planning process for subsequent studies. Design and manage necessary troubleshooting and protocol optimization.
5. Communicate with different PIs and help them strategically plan the project initially.
6. Author documentation of samples, data and project details and also user guides, documentation of scripts/pipelines developed for the same.
7. Provide automation-related technical expertise as a member of a cross-functional team
8. You will use the community best practices, to prototype, develop, execute, test and roll out production level Bioinformatics analysis pipelines.
In your new role you will get:
1. Highly competitive salary
2. An opportunity to work closely with reputed scientists in their projects.
3. Training and guidance in the areas that you might need improvements.
4. International travel and training
**Expats planning to return to India are strongly encouraged to apply.**
Candidates should have a Ph.D., in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology/any life science domain with demonstrated experience in bioinformatics & programming.
Candidates with papers published in reputed journals which exhibits the capabilities of data analysis skills.
Functional fluency in at least one programming language like Perl/Python/Ruby.
Experience in R and Shell scripting, ideally to the level of handling NGS datasets.
1. Experience in analyzing large volume datasets of various NGS application data.
2. In-depth knowledge in setting up workflows and performing the analysis such as variation calling, structural variants, the epigenetic landscape of cancer cells and integrating multiple applications data.
3. Excellent team player in cross-functional environments with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to write well and, a strong interest in biology (for computer scientists) is highly desired.
Candidates should send Cover Letter, your CV and document addressing selection criteria to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.