AgResearch Bioinformatics team supports scientific research in a range of areas to the benefit of the pastoral agricultural sector. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual with excellent training and expertise in Bioinformatics to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Bioinformatics data analysis expertise to a range of science projects. This is a senior and permanent position and will be located at our Grasslands campus in Palmerston North.
Key Accountabilities include:
* Analysing high throughput/high-dimensional 'omics data from mostly non-model organisms
* Designing, developing, implementing and testing of bioinformatics pipelines for Next-Gen Sequencing data
* Assembly and expression analysis of NGS data
* Variant calling using Genotyping by Sequencing (GBS)
* Developing insights for researchers by interpreting the results
* Some experience in integrating multi-faceted 'omics data to understand underlying systems and biological networks.
* PhD in Bioinformatics or related field with at least five years of related work experience, or Masters with at least eight years experience
* A thorough understanding of NGS technologies (Illumina and PacBio)
* Expertise in handling large datasets in Unix environment and experienced user of high-performance computing environment.
* Expertise in one or more scripting language(s) (e.g. Python, Perl)
* Excellent communications skills, with the ability to effectively articulate complex, technical information to the clients
* Excellent organisational abilities with interpersonal and relationship building skills
* Beautiful campuses & great Learning and Development opportunities
* Generous leave provisions & access to the group scheme for health insurance
* Income and life insurance & supportive family friendly working environment
* Optional 5th week annual leave, multiple retail discounts & All of Government Westpac banking discounts
How to apply
Closing Date 23 February 2018.
To apply for this position visit www.agresearchcareers.co.nz and submit your CV and cover letter online. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
If you require further details on the position please email Nauman Maqbool, Group Leader Knowledge and Analytics (firstname.lastname@example.org).