International Research Center for Medical Sciences (IRCMS http://ircms.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/) was established in 2014 at Kumamoto University (Kumamoto, Japan) to promote research in the areas of stem cells, ageing, cancer and human retroviruses. Bioinformaticians at IRCMS shall develop and applying statistical and computational methodologies to biological problems and analyse ‘big data’. IRCMS is seeking a postdoctoral bioinformatician for
- Analysing single-cell RNA sequencing data, other next generation sequencing data and CYTOF data
- Developing, adapting and/or applying data analysis, visualisation and computational protocols and pipelines.
The latest possible starting date for this position is April 01, 2019. The doctoral degree must be conferred at latest by Februrary 2019.
- Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology or a related field .
- Demonstrable skills in high-dimensional and longitudinal data analysis, data modelling, statistics, data integration and visualization.
- Programming skills (e.g. Perl, Python) and experience in R/Bioconductor and other analysis packages.
- Visualization and presentation of complex data sets.
- Good communication skills to collaborate and explain computational/statistical concepts to biomedical scientists.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a CV with cover letter, list of publications, statements of research achievements and plans, and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org (attention to M. Sakata). Informal inquiries should be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org