The mission of the Center for Molecular Oncology (CMO) is to promote precision oncology through genomic analysis to guide the diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients. The CMO brings together clinicians and scientists throughout MSKCC to conduct large-scale translational research involving molecular characterization of patient tumor specimens in order to identify correlations between genomic features and clinical outcomes.
The Platform Informatics group within the CMO is seeking a software engineer to build tools and improve existing infrastructure for patient sample tracking in next-generation sequencing analysis work flows. This technology is at the core of this center’s mission to advance our knowledge of cancer using clinical data, biological research, computer science and statistics. Work will be performed in a small group atmosphere (approximately 10 members from diverse disciplines) with several active collaborators, and in concert with other LIMS Engineers, Project Managers, and genomic sequencing core scientists.
* A software engineer committed to applying programming skills for research discovery and clinical benefit
* Interested in the analysis of large genomic datasets and the development of new clinical technologies
* An expert with UNIX/Linux command line
* A person who enjoys working in a team, is self-motivated, can manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and can solve problems independently
* Masters or equivalent in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology or other applied science with at least 2 years of software development experience
* Familiarity with genomic data and metadata
* Advanced experience in object-orientated programming (preferably JAVA), additional experience with python and angularjs a plus
* Thorough experience with relational databases
* Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems; specifically, Sapio Sciences Exemplar LIMS
* Familiarity with software testing methodologies and concepts
* Ability to apply troubleshooting techniques to resolve complex, cross functional issues
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines as a member of a team.
* Strong organizational and troubleshooting abilities, attention to detail and accuracy.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with both biologists and IT professionals
Via website http://careers.mskcc.org/job/7823080/laboratory-information-management-system-lims-engineer-new-york-ny/ and email bic-recruit[at]cbio[dot]mskcc[dot]org. Please include #LIMS_ENG_2018 in the subject line.