The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City is seeking a talented, self-motivated individual to participate in cutting edge research as a member of the Bunyavanich Lab (http://bunyavanich.org) at the Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology (http://icahn.mssm.edu/research/genomics) The successful applicant will be part of an interdisciplinary team led by Supinda Bunyavanich, MD, MPH that applies computational analysis and bioinformatics to interpret multi-scale data generated from subjects with asthma and allergic diseases.
· Analyze high throughput sequence and array data generated from clinical cohorts.
· Develop and implement statistical methods to analyze these data for genetic risk, disease mechanism, and drug response. Projects may include network construction and mining.
· Maintain complex next generation sequence and array datasets linked to clinical data.
· Communicate progress with PI regularly and contribute to the success of the research team.
· Develop and maintain productive collaborations within Mount Sinai and with outside researchers in academia and industry.
· Publish and present novel research findings in academic journals and conferences
· Some supervision of trainees and technical staff may also be required.
· PhD in bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, genomics, or a related field.
· Outstanding programming skills in R, Perl, Python, Java, C++, and Unix shell scripting.
· Excellent track record of analyzing next generation sequencing data. Experience with clinical cohorts a plus.
· Demonstrated knowledge of biostatistics and statistical genetics. Familiarity with genomic data tools, repositories, and databases.
· Strong attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
· Ability to work hard and independently while contributing to the team effort and adhering to deadlines.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with track record of productive collaborations.
· Demonstrated ability to work concurrently on several projects, and good understanding of analytic complexities to do independent research as well as assist other researchers.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV and letter of interest to Dr. Supinda Bunyavanich (Supinda.Bunyavanich at mssm.edu).