In anticipation of an upcoming contract award, CSRA is seeking a goal-oriented QA/Software Tester with significant experience in bioinformatics to test advanced systems involved in the storage and analysis of genomics data onto the cloud. This position requires experience with software testing methodologies, as well as having performed multiple step analyses of bioinformatics data using workflows or pipelines executed from the command line.
This is not an analysis position per se - it is involved with the testing of bioinformatics infrastructures being developed in a team environment under a short timeframe. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to solve problems independently.
This is a six-month position with high visibility and impact to the NIH, with the possibility of being extended for multiple years, dependent on the availability of Gov’t funding and performance under the contract.
• Master’s degree in bioinformatics or related field.
• Experience running analysis pipelines on the cloud
• Expertise with UNIX/Linux command line
• Hands-on expertise running bioinformatics pipelines on genomics and clinical data
• Proficiency with cloud consoles (at least one of AWS/Google/Azure)
• Have run bioinformatics analyses using pipelines on the cloud (AWS and/or Google)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with both biologists and IT professionals
• Proficiency with writing Python scripts
• Experience with deploying and using Docker containers
• Use of CWL and/or WDL (Common Workflow Language and/or Workflow Description Language)
• Familiarity with the developing Global Alliance for Genomics and Health (GA4GH) Containers and Workflows tools
• Familiarity with genomic data and metadata
• Familiarity with software testing methodologies and concepts
• Have run bioinformatics pipelines on Microsoft Azure
• Experience with porting programs to Docker containers
Please submit your resume online via www.jobs.csra.com to #RQ5157 or via this link: https://jobs.csra.com/job/rockville/bioinformatics-qa-tester/3983/5500431