A postdoctoral position is available at the La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology (LJI) in the Ay Lab (http://www.lji.org/faculty-research/labs/ay). An ideal candidate will have a strong background in computational biology and analysis of next-generation sequencing datasets. A background in genomic/epigenomic studies of immune cells in a wet lab setting is a plus.
Successful candidates will conduct research in a dynamic and a highly collaborative environment. The research will involve the development of novel computational methods for analysis of next-generation sequencing datasets produced by the lab in relation to gene regulation in immune cells. These datasets will include epigenomic, transcriptomics, 3D genome organization and single-cell experiments of immune cells in health and disease (asthma, cancer).
• Ph.D. with a strong background in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning or Bioinformatics.
• Excellent programming skills in at least one programming language (preferably Python).
• Proven record of scientific publications in bioinformatics and/or genomics journals.
• Ability to develop novel computational methods, algorithms, and data processing pipelines.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Willingness to work closely with experimental biologists.
In 2017, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 24 world-renowned faculty and over 100 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 21+ different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
Full-time employment at LJI includes a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation/sick leave, and contributions to a retirement plan (403B).
Interested applicants should enclose their resume and a brief (one page) research statement to Dr. Ay (email@example.com).