A full-time position is available in the Ma’ayan Laboratory of Computational Systems Biology and the Mount Sinai Center for Bioinformatics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York. The Ma’ayan Laboratory conducts multi-disciplinary NIH funded research that utilizes big data analytics to develop better understanding about drug action in human cells, build molecular regulatory networks from high-content genome-wide data, and predict optimized therapeutics for individual patients across several complex diseases.
The successful candidate will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team on projects related to bioinformatics, big data science, and systems biology including developing, implementing, documenting and maintaining web-based software applications used by the larger scientific community. You will work on various aspects of research and infrastructure projects. Your work will include:
• Developing novel dynamic data visualizations
• Applying machine learning to identify patterns in large and complex datasets
• Harmonizing and abstracting data from a variety of sources
• Developing novel statistical mining strategies and algorithms
• Developing websites, databases, APIs and other data exchange protocols
• Master’s or PhD (PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or Biological Sciences and a strong interest in working on data-intensive biomedical problems.
• Experience with machine learning, multithread programming, and cloud computing
• Experience developing and deploying web-based and mobile apps
• Experience with bioinformatics research projects
• Knowledge of molecular and cell biology
To apply, please e-mail your CV, research statement, and the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org