A bioinformatics / computational biology position is available in Dr. Kidder’s lab (benjaminkidderlab.com/) at Karmanos Cancer Institute. The Kidder lab focuses on stem cell and cancer genomics (e.g. ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq, Hi-C, Hi-ChIP, MNase-Seq, RRBS, DNA-Seq, etc), genome stability, and reprogramming using experimental, genomics, and bioinformatics approaches. We integrate functional studies and computational analysis of epigenomic and transcriptomic data.
Qualified bioinformaticians should have 1) a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, statistics, genomics, or related field plus at least 3 years of experience, 2) a master’s degree plus at least 2 years of experience, or 3) a Ph.D. in a related field.
• Computer programming skills in at least one language
• Experience with R or other statistical software packages
• Experience with genomics datasets such as gene expression or next-generation sequencing
• General knowledge of biology
• Oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and creativity
• Ability to work in a team
Interested applicants should email a CV / resume to Dr. Benjamin Kidder (email@example.com)