Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) has an exciting opportunity available as a Group Leader for Computational Biology (equivalent to department head or tenured faculty) within the Biological Sciences focus area. With this unique opportunity you will be able to lead, manage, and extend science strategy within the division. Ultimately, the division is responsible for a research portfolio centered on the understanding of complex multicellular systems and their response to perturbation, to enable prediction of impacts of climate, energy production and emerging technologies on environmental sustainability and human health.
The Computational Biology group encompasses technical teams in the areas of Data Science & Biostatistics, Modeling & Simulation, Molecular Analytics, and Systems Biology. This includes about 50 principal investigators, staff scientists, and postgraduates.
As a scientific leader and manager, you’ll help set the agenda for computational biology research directions at PNNL, assist staff members to find opportunities for engaging in research efforts, value multidisciplinary collaboration, and ensure ongoing research programs led by staff are productive and impactful. Candidates are expected to establish themselves as independent principal investigators through competitive proposals, and serve as an active resource for others, mentoring early career staff in proposal and scientific career development.
For more information and/or to apply visit: pnnl.jobs/jobs/?q=311564 — Reference Job ID: 311564
Minimum Qualifications: [Copy and paste from the Performance Level Indicators in Job Family Expectations]
• BS/BA with 9 years’ experience; MS/MA with 7 years’ experience; PhD 5 years’ experience
Preferred Qualifications: Educational requirements, certifications/licensures, subject matter expertise, and experience that exceed the Performance Level Indicators:
• Ph.D. in computational biology, bioengineering, biostatistics, or a related field plus 10+ years’ experience.
• Strong demonstrated record of accomplishment with high-impact publications, invited presentations and leadership/visibility within scientific community and funding sponsors.
• Demonstrated program development, project management, and PI funded research programs.
• Demonstrated mentorship, career development and/or line management experience.
• Experience with multidisciplinary, multi-institutional teams is highly important.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills.
• Technical Expertise: National or international authority. Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of scientific or engineering principles in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
Located in sunny Richland, WA, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory PNNL offers an excellent benefits and compensation package; including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, savings plan, pension, etc.!
pnnl.jobs/jobs/?q=311564 — Reference Job ID: 311564