A postdoctoral position is available at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) in the Ay Lab (www.lji.org/labs/ay/ & profiles.ucsd.edu/ferhat.ay). An ideal candidate will have a strong background in computational biology and analysis of next-generation sequencing datasets. Experience in the analysis of single-cell data is a plus.
Successful candidates will conduct research in a dynamic and a highly collaborative environment. The research will involve the development of novel computational methods for analysis of next-generation sequencing datasets produced by the lab in relation to gene regulation in immune cells. These datasets will include epigenomic, transcriptomics, 3D genome organization and single-cell experiments of immune cells in health and disease (asthma, cancer and COVID-19). Our lab was recently awarded a 5-year multi-PI NIH grant to work on immune cells from COVID-19 patients with and without cancer.
• Ph.D. with a strong background in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning or Bioinformatics.
• Excellent programming skills in at least one programming language (preferably Python).
• Proven record of scientific publications in bioinformatics and/or genomics journals.
• Ability to develop novel computational methods, algorithms, and data processing pipelines.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
In 2017, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 21 world-renowned faculty and over 100 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 21+ different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
Full-time employment at LJI includes a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation/sick leave, and contributions to a retirement plan (403B).