The Sydney Brenner Charitable Trust wishes to fill a fellowship at postdoctoral or PhD level. The Trust was established to provide opportunities for scientific advancement through capacity development and to continue the research legacy of Sydney Brenner. To develop this goal, the Trust aims to contribute to the advancement of biomedical research, especially in Africa, by providing scholarship support to talented and ambitious young researchers of African nationality to advance their careers in health related research on the continent. The SBCT has partnered with the SBIMB, Wits University in South Africa and the University of Edinburgh to realize Dr Brenner’s request.
(1) African national committed to working in Africa
(2) If applying for a postdoctoral fellowship, must have a PhD. If applying for a PhD fellowship must have be a medical graduate.
Please email your application through as follows:
• Your CV (maximum of 5 pages)
• A cover letter (maximum of 2 pages) indicating how your knowledge and skills would align with the research areas, and what your expectations are should you be successful
• Academic record
• Contact details for three academic referees
Email your application through to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org