The Center for Innovation in Brain Science (CIBS) is the intellectual home for Neuroscience research across the University of Arizona campus. We specialize in research focusing on a cure for four neurodegenerative diseases; Alzheimer's Disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson's Disease. Our mission is to bring the innovations in brain science of the future to those who need a cure today. We are an interdisciplinary lab composed by computer scientists, bioinformaticians and biologists dedicated to researches from developing advanced mathematic algorithms in statistics/machine learning to applied real-world disease modeling. Our researches are fund by NIH. We work with a wide spectrum of disease conditions with a focus on neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer's disease, MS, ALS, and Parkinson Disease). We collaborate with clinicians, wet-labs at UofA as well as labs at world-class institutions, such as Columbia, Stanford, Duke, Mayo Clinic, Harvard/Broad, Emory, and Baylor, providing enormous opportunities for exciting research projects and high impact publications. We are seeking a motivated and high quality scientist to join our team to work on computational systems biology and human diseases modeling. The expectation is that the selected candidate will focus on real world disease modeling and have a strong background in structural biology, chemical engineering to join our lab. The successful candidate will be supervised by Dr. Rui Chang and have the opportunity in developing their own research ideas as they fit within the general research interests of our group. The position will offer very competitive salary. The post is based at the University of Arizona, Tucson campus, within the Center for Innovation in Brain Science. The Research Specialist will join as a member of the Chang lab. This individual will perform molecule-protein binding, Investigational New Drug (IND) development and molecule dynamic simulation.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Apply various structure modeling, molecular docking, and molecular dynamics simulations methods/software to study the small molecule-protein binding.
• Computer aided drug discovery and new drug design.
• Study and predict protein structure-dynamics-function relationships, mutations of protein.
• Assist with design, plan and analyze results of organic Chemistry Experiments.
• Statistical data analysis by using scientific software package; data interpretation for the project.
• Schedules, organizes and reports on status of research activities.
• Assists in writing reports on one or more aspects for a large project.
• Teamwork with other researchers.
• Present at research at group meetings, and scientific conferences.
• Write and publish papers in scientific journal
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Fundamental knowledge of cellular and molecular biology
• Profound Knowledge of molecular docking, molecular dynamics simulations
• Skills in scientific writing
• Ability to effectively communicate
Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Biology, Computation, or related fields.
Master's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three years related research experience; OR, Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment and four years related research experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience, training and/or education.
If interested please email cover letter and CV to email@example.com