This position is within the Department of Microbiology and Immunology. Duties include:
- Carries out bioinformatic analyses under the guidance of the Principal Investigator (PI).
- Analyzes data from 16S rRNA gene sequencing, whole microbial genome sequencing, and shotgun metagenomic sequencing.
- Develops ad hoc scripts (bash, R and Python) for data analysis.
- Organizes, records and presents data.
- Assists other lab members in fundamentals of bioinformatic analysis.
- Assists PI, research staff, and students with experimental design, data interpretation, and project dissemination.
MS degree in relevant field required
Apply through Loyola's online HR site.