Department of Bioinformatics at the Wissenschaftszentrum Weihenstephan is seeking a postdoc.
Potential topics of interest include, but are not limited to protein structure prediction, protein interactions, molecular evolution, disease informatics, genome analysis, and bioinformatics of viruses. This position will include a modest teaching load.
Salary is in accordance with the German public service salary scale: TV-L 13 100% for 24 months. The position is available from October 15, 2020 with the possibility of extension.
- A PhD degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, systems biology, computer science, or biology
- Good knowledge of bioinformatics and biology
- Familiarity with next-generation sequencing data analysis
- Familiarity with machine learning and statistics
- Strong programming skills (Java, python, R)
- Comfortable with the Linux/Unix environment, databases (MySQL)
Please send your CV and supporting documentation as one PDF file by e-mail to Prof. Dmitrij Frishman (firstname.lastname@example.org)