We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join us in the Bio-Ontology Research Group at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in Saudi Arabia. The group is known for developing bioinformatics methods that combine Semantic Technologies and omics data analysis, in particular for protein function prediction and identification of causative variants, and has a strong commitment to developing Free and Open Source Software in bioinformatics.
Whom are we looking for exactly?
We are looking for researchers who have completed their Ph.D. in the past four years, or will complete their Ph.D. soon, who have an ambition to do research on Bioinformatics, in particular developing methods for the analysis of genomics, transcriptomics, metagenomics, and metabolomics datasets associated with human health as well as from environmental samples.
- Develop reproducible workflows for function prediction in metagenomics and bacterial genomics
- Implement workflows for analysis and interpretation of human genomics and transcriptomics data
- Contribute to analysis and interpretation of omics datasets
- Work with students and junior researchers
- Write research papers and present research results at conferences
A completed Ph.D. degree (in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or related), completed in the last 4 years.
- Analysis of next generation sequencing data, in particular human genomics or metagenomics data
- Developing reproducible workflows using workflow languages (CWL, WDL, NextFlow, Snakemake)
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, Go, Rust, or similar, and a scripting language
- Familiarity with modern bioinformatics tools and libraries, such as htslib, alignment methods, variation graphs, BioPython/Perl/Ruby/etc.
- Good communication skills (oral presentations and in writing)
Applications should be submitted through at apply.interfolio.com/75970. The application should include:
- Cover letter including a description of research experience and research interests, and a link to your source code repository (e.g., on Github, BitBucket, Sourceforge),
- CV including list of publications
- Copy of PhD certificate
- Names and contact information for two references