About Us: Quadrant Biosciences is a biotechnology company developing novel functional assessments and epigenetic biomarker technologies for neurological conditions including concussion, autism spectrum disorder, and Parkinson’s disease.
We collaborate with academic institutions, medical researchers, and engineers to translate breakthrough findings into clinically useful and scientifically sound assessments. The research group is composed of teams of clinical researchers, laboratory scientists, bioinformaticists, biomedical engineers, and data scientists. Advancements developed by Quadrant Biosciences have a significant impact on clinical practice and diagnosis of neurological conditions.
Our technology focuses on human and microbial gene activity using next-generation RNA-sequencing and machine learning for biomarker discovery.
Position Offered: Bioinformaticist in genetics. The focus of this position is pipeline development, validation, and implementation of Whole Exome and Whole Genome data to assist the development of diagnostic products. This employee will work closely with in-house biologists, data scientists, and biomedical engineers, and report to the Executive Vice President of Research and Computational Biology, and the Director of Bioinformatics.
Duties include development of bioinformatics algorithms and pipelines, data analysis, and presentations of findings in accordance with Institutional Review Board (IRB) criteria and HIPAA compliance. The bioinformatician will also be responsible for sharing knowledge within the research team and within the company. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to grow as the team expands, and to tackle new challenges as they arise. This is an opportunity to produce meaningful, impactful, reproducible research.
Education: Masters (or PhD) in bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, or related fields.
- Analytical method development as they relate to company projects
- Designing and constructions of computational tools, databases and pipelines
- Data mining, interpretation and analysis
- Strong background in molecular biology
- Detail oriented and organized knowledge of R and Python
- Ideal candidates will be familiar with version control systems and protocols
- Familiarity with common bioinformatics tools, including but not limited to alignment, quantification and quality control
- Experience handling large-scale omics data
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com