About Us: Quadrant Biosciences is a biotechnology company developing novel functional assessments and epigenetic biomarker technologies for neurological conditions including concussion, autism spectrum disorder, and Parkinson’s disease.
We collaborate with academic institutions, medical researchers, and engineers to translate breakthrough findings into clinically useful and scientifically sound assessments. The research group is composed of teams of clinical researchers, laboratory scientists, bioinformaticists, biomedical engineers, computer scientists, and data scientists. Advancements developed by Quadrant Biosciences will have a significant impact on clinical practice and diagnosis of neurological conditions.
Our technology focuses on human and microbial gene activity using next-generation RNA- sequencing and machine learning for biomarker discovery.
Position Offered: Computational Biologist. The focus of this position is data analysis and machine learning to develop diagnostic products to aid clinicians. This employee will work closely with in-house bioinformaticians, data scientists, and biomedical engineers, and report to the Execute Vice President of Research and Computational Biology.
Duties include development of bioinformatics algorithms and pipelines, data analysis, and presentations of findings in accordance with Institutional Review Board (IRB) criteria and HIPAA compliance. The Computational Biologist will also be responsible for sharing knowledge within the research team and within the company. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to grow as the team expands, and to tackle new challenges as they arise. This is an opportunity to produce meaningful, impactful, reproducible research.
Education: PhD (or Masters with 3+ years experience) in computational biology, biomedical engineering, or related fields.
- Analyzing DNA and RNA sequencing data, medical histories, and behavioral assessments with exploratory data analysis and statistical testing for research protocol development and quality control
- Build predictive models using machine learning (logistic regression, random forests, SVMs, neural networks) for use as diagnostic and prognostic aids
- Demonstrated scientific writing and publishing experience
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Detail oriented and organized knowledge of R and/or Python
- Ideal candidates will be familiar with version control systems and protocols
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org