The Cheng Lab at Baylor College of Medicine is searching for highly motivated and talented post-doc candidates to work on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. The position will be involved in the development and application of computational approaches to understand the mechanism of human diseases, especially cancer. The Lab is particularly interested in Cancer Systems Biology and Cancer Immunology. The candidate should have experience in processing and analyzing next-generation sequencing data. Previous experience in both Bioinformatics and Cancer Biology are desirable. A candidate is expected to collaborate closely with experimental biologists and clinicians. The position offers an extraordinary team-based science environment with opportunities for significant education, training and career development. Baylor College of Medicine is located at the Texas Medical Center, which is the largest medical complex in the world and provides an ideal environment for scientific and clinical research. Details about research in our lab can be found at: www.thechenglab.org/publications.html
• PhD degree in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or a related field (e.g. statistics, computer science or quantitative biology)
• Experience in the application and development of computational methods/tools or machine learning algorithms
• Good computer programming skills in R/Matlab/Perl/Python/
• Knowledge of basic molecular biology, genomics and cancer immunology
• Experience in next generation sequencing data analysis
For application, please send a cover letter (with a brief description of research experience and interests), CV and the contact information of at least three references to "email@example.com". Please include "apply for postdoc in bioinformatics" in your email subject.