The Institute for Biostatistics and Informatics in Medicine and Ageing Research at the Rostock University Medical Center (Germany) seeks a highly qualified candidate for a PhD scholarship with a focus on bioinformatics (NGS/omics) analyses.
• Intervention effect analyses using omics data, specifically in a study of the effect of food on cellular senescence and health.
• Biomarker analyses using omics data, specifically in a study investigating cellular senescence and disease.
• Machine learning and network‐biology based analyses and data integration.
• Writing of scientific reports and papers.
What we offer:
• Investigating the exciting biological mechanisms behind cellular senescence, ageing, microbiome changes and fibrosis
• A stimulating diverse and international research environment, where your contribution can have a real impact.
• Funding for travelling, equipment, books, etc.
For most of the year, Rostock (at the Baltic Coast) is a number one vacation area in Germany, with a very pleasant climate and nice beaches nearby.
What you need to bring to the table:
• A master degree in bioinformatics or computer science or a related field in the medical/life/natural sciences.
• Programming/ scripting skills, e.g. in Java/ R.
• Experience in bioinformatics data analysis.
• High motivation to work in an interdisciplinary team spanning cancer, neuro, and ageing research.
• Strong communication skills (oral presentations and in writing).
If this describes you and your intentions then please send your application until 22.02.2020 in a single PDF document, consisting of:
• Cover letter explaining relevant experiences, a brief statement of research interests, and qualifications
• Contact details of 2‐4 scientists who may write a letter of recommendation.
Please send your application to us, c/o Prof. Fuellen, bioinfo‐email@example.com‐rostock.de. Please indicate “Rostock_PhD_Application” in the title of the e‐mail.