The African Institute of Biomedical Science and Technology (AiBST) has opened a call for student applications for two MSc programs, more information about the program can be found below:
Virtual Global Faculty – The African Institute of Biomedical Science and Technology
The AiBST Virtual Global Faculty (VGF) was established to provide the African Institute of Biomedical Science and Technology with teaching and mentorship support for its MSc programs. AiBST will be offering two MSc programs, MSc in Genomics & Precision Medicine and MSc in Pharmaceutical Medicine, starting in 2020. It will do this through a joint initiative with the Chinhoyi University of Technology (CUT). The two programs have been approved by the Zimbabwe Council of Higher Education (ZimCHE).
The VGF is composed of leading experts from leading academic institutions and the biopharmaceutical industry, thus suitable for the provision of translational biomedical training. The role and responsibilities of the VGF will be as follows:
* To provide curriculum development and review support for the two MSc degrees
* To develop teaching materials (lectures, tutorials, and practical exercises)
* To teach and mentor students through a combination of online lectures & tutorials and where possible face to face lectures and practical training
* Where possible, provide research project supervision to some MSc programs students
* Contribute to the international recognition and opportunities for funding of the MSc programs through advocacy at relevant fora & meetings at their companies and universities and/or organizations they work with such as funding organizations and other NGOs.
(i) An honours degree or equivalent in life sciences (biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmacy, medicine, chemistry or any relevant degree); (ii) Not older than 25 years at the time of commencement in August 2020; (iii) a national and currently resident in a country in one of the five regions of Africa, North, West, East, Central and Southern Africa; (iv) possessing English language spoken and written skills to effectively participate in an English taught degree program; and (v) prepared to relocate to Zimbabwe on a full time basis for a period of 2 years.
Download application form from: aibst.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/MASTER-OF-SCIENCE-IN-GENOMICS-AND-PRECISION-MEDICINE.pdf
Download reference letter from: aibst.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Reference-Form-MASTER-OF-SCIENCE-IN-PHARMACEUTICAL-MEDICINE.pdf